Everyone wants a nice, white, bright, and beautiful smile. Unfortunately, not all of us have one. Years of things like smoking and drinking red wine and coffee can leave permanent stains on your teeth.
Perhaps your teeth are cracked or chipped, or there’s a gap in your smile. You may feel self-conscious about how your teeth look, but you’re not sure what to do about them.
The great thing is that there’s an easy way to fix all of these issues: veneers! At Guelph Family Dentistry, we can fit you with perfect veneers to help you look and feel your best. We’re here to help you understand:
- What veneers are
- How they can help transform your smile
- How they are designed and applied
- Why Guelph Family Dentistry is a great place to get veneers
What are veneers?
Veneers are shells that a dentist bonds or glues to the front of your teeth. They are made from a variety of materials, with porcelain being the most popular. Porcelain is strong, durable, and bright white.
Veneers have become a very popular part of cosmetic dentistry, as they are a quick and easy way to solve a variety of issues you may have with your teeth. Veneers can do anything from masking stains to filling gaps.
Your teeth and gums must be healthy in order for your dentist to be able to bond your teeth and veneers properly. This is something your dentist will check in your first appointment to discuss veneers.
How can they benefit me?
One of the great things about veneers is that they solve many issues all at the same time. With whitening, you get brighter teeth. With braces, you can remove gaps in your smile. But with veneers, you can do all that and more! Veneers can do all of the following:
- Fix badly stained teeth. Since veneers cover your teeth, they also cover any stains on them. Your teeth will look as good as new and you can talk to your dentist about the exact shade you’d like them to be. As well, veneers are stain-resistant, and as long as you take good care of them, they will stay white and bright for many years.
- Cover up cracked or chipped teeth. Even though your teeth are some of the strongest bones in your body, they can still get chipped or cracked. A veneer not only helps hide a chipped or cracked tooth, but it can also help protect and strengthen it.
- Remove gaps in your smile. Veneers are a quick and easy way to cover gaps in your smile and work much faster than braces. Since veneers are designed specifically for you, you can select the size and shape you want, effectively covering up any gaps that you currently have in your smile.
- Fix minor issues with your bite. Again, this is where veneers are faster than braces. You can get your veneers designed to fit on your teeth in a way that fixes any issues you have with your bite.
- Improve how your teeth look overall. You may feel self-conscious about your smile if your teeth don’t all match up, or you have a misaligned tooth. With veneers, you can change the shape of all your front teeth, so they match up.
How are veneers designed and bonded to your teeth?
Getting veneers designed and applied generally doesn’t take more than a few trips to your dentist’s office. These are the main steps involved in getting veneers at Guelph Family Dentistry:
- Your teeth will be photographed and X-rayed.
- We will do a comprehensive assessment to make sure that we’re clear on what issues you want your veneers to solve.
- We will clean and shape your teeth (to ensure proper bonding) and apply temporary veneers.
- After you’ve had some time with your temporary veneers, we will make fixes to the permanent ones as necessary based on your experiences with the temporary ones.
- We will then bond your permanent veneers to your teeth.
When you’re done, all you have to do is go out and show off your brand new smile!
How can Guelph Family Dentistry help you?
At Guelph Family Dentistry, we want to give you the tools you need to have a beautiful, healthy smile. When you come to us for veneers, we will:
- Give you excellent care from our top-notch team of dentists. Your veneers will be designed and applied using only the most up-to-date technology.
- Work with you to make sure your veneers are designed perfectly to suit your unique needs. We want you to be happy, comfortable, and confident in your veneers. We will put in the time and effort to make sure they suit you perfectly.
- Discuss every aspect of your veneers with you, from their size to the shade of white you want them to be.
- Offer financial payment plans with up to 12 months free of interest.
- Offer direct billing through insurance.
Veneers: A Quick Solution to Many Dental Issues
The great thing about veneers is that they solve so many different dental issues at the same time. Whether you’ve got permanently stained teeth or a gap you just don’t like, veneers can help fix these issues and more quickly and easily.
We hope you’ve enjoyed learning about veneers today. We’ve given you an overview on:
- What veneers are
- How they can help transform your smile: they can strengthen your teeth, cover stains and gaps, and even fix bite issues all at the same time
- How they are designed and applied
- Why Guelph Family Dentistry is a great place to get veneers, offering excellence in everything we do
Make an Appointment Today
At Guelph Family Dentistry, we are proud to offer a variety of services to cover all your oral healthcare needs. We offer all of the following:
- Extractions and implants
- Braces and Invisalign
And much more! For more information about veneers or to book an appointment, call one of our dental professionals at 888-588-1691 or contact us here